Saturday, January 3, 2015

Signing up for the Aussie Author Challenge 2015

I have really enjoyed taking part in the Aussie Author Challenge during 2013 and 2014, and completed the highest level in both years. I am keen to take part in the Aussie Author Challenge for 2015, as it's a good excuse to discover and read many great Australian books that I otherwise might not read, and also this year as an added incentive there are going to be book giveaways to Challenge participants! :-) 


I will definitely aim to at least complete the Wallaroo level which involves:
– Read and review 6 titles written by Australian authors, of which at least 2 of those authors are female, at least 2 of those authors are male, and at least 2 of those authors are new to you;
– Fiction or non-fiction, at least 2 genres.


Once I complete the Wallaroo level, I might decide to upgrade to the Kangaroo level:
 – Read and review 12 titles written by Australian Authors of which at least 4 of those authors are female, at least 4 of those authors are male, and at least 4 of those authors are new to you;
– At least 6 fiction and at least 2 non-fiction, and at least 2 titles first published in 2014 or 2015.


The only reason I'm not signing up straight away at the Kangaroo level is I am also interested in trying to read more widely this year, including books set in other countries and cultures, so depending how quickly I manage to complete the Wallaroo level of the Aussie Author Challenge and how many other non-Aussie books I also manage to read by mid-2015 will determine if I want to upgrade to the Kangaroo level for the 3rd year in a row. Hopefully this will be a year of reading lots of awesome books :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment